Monday 4 January 2010

Nowty Knickers

I've been known to be a bit grumpy and I have a bad temper, when I do loose my rag 99.99% of the time it is with inanimate objects - like banks or internet providers. Anyway I've not been doing any riding since before christmas so yesterday I was trying to get out the door for a ride but things kept going wrong, camelbak leaked and while pulling out the bladder in a mood it pissed all over the only decent pair of cycling shorts I could find (I've got loads...somewhere) couldn't find other stuff, couldn't get bike out from between the rest under the stairs etc etc I had a bit of a strop swore a lot and was ready for giving it all up and vegging out on the sofa with the playstation instead when my fantastically insightful Mrs said "maybe your stressed cause you haven't been riding? Just an idea." Oh yeah! Doh. I chilled and went out asap and despite my cleats loosening (again) in the first half hour it didn't bother me, I just stopped and calmly fixed it and carried on. Lots of pent up energy is a bad thing.

No comments: