Wednesday 16 October 2013

Sartorially ambitious

Long sleeve top, gillet and downhill gloves felt like a bad move by the time I hit the bottom of the street but as it turned out not too bad. Met Simon, up the golf course and burnt edge, 2 lads kicked off the downhill account and I was all over the place, mud and a different bike than I've gotten used to meant I struggled a bit, 7 weeks off the bike meant Si was rusty too. Rooty trail through the woods all the way down, along the backs and up school climb. Bit parky on top of rivi so no hanging about, dropped down OK, not as slippy as we'd expected, up hole in the wall and the road, was starting to get cold now and was proper chilled by the time I hit the bottom of san marino, my legs burning, fingers numb, good run down tho not bad condition again better than expected. My hands wouldn't warm up so donned my thicker gloves climbing scout rd, we chickened out of doing the quarry and another climb so went straight to the car park, proper stunk of weed must be some strong stuff about, and dropped into smithills. We split and I rode home, nice little run, most of the usual suspects trail-wise, decent ground conditions, clear night, quite mild temps lower down, more of these kinda night rides please.

No comments: