Tuesday 9 April 2013

The things you see when you open your eyes


That there (I'm pretty sure) is the skeleton of a narrow boat, it's just off the side of a trail on my commute that I've ridden lots of times before. The bare trees and lack of undergrowth with all the cold weather and the daylight commuting (i'll forgive myself for not noticing in the deep dark winter) means this has been there for the spotting for several weeks now. Still took me ages to see it. I didn't even know there used to be a canal down that side of the trail (trail is to the right of pic). I also spotted this as I was climbing back onto the trail

Brickwork behind the grill, concrete roof, and I thought the trail was just a bit of geography, turns out it's just a bit of dirt on top of some of our industrial transport heritage. Well I never.

No comments: